Budget servers are meant to run servers that require a playerbase of under 50. This will obviously depend on what your server version, how intensive the plugins are on the server and, how many plugins are being used and worlds.
1. You must ensure that your server version is no later than 1.12.2, servers that are 1.13+ cannot run smoothly on budget servers, 1.14+ is also not allowed on Budget. In addition to this Modded servers with more than 20 mods are now only allowed on Enterprise as they lag the node that budget servers are on.
2. The way we go for choosing how many GB(s) your server needs is depending on how many plugins there are being used. 10 plugins for per GB will run the server without any lag issues.
3. As stated above the amount of GB chosen depends on the amount of plugins. Now for the players, if your server runs 10 players maximum, add a next GB to your option. Heres an example for a server plan that was made.
- A server has 56 plugins and 20 players. It is also running 1.8.8 spigot. A customer does not know what plan to choose. How can he choose the amount of GB his server needs?
As stated in the guide above it goes by 10 plugins per GB and 10 players per GB. The best option that he should choose is a Budget plan on 7 GB.
Why is 7 GB the best option?
7GB is the best option because it crossed 5 which is the middle number. But since it was 56 we decided to add on an EXTRA GB to the server because there are 6 plugins that are high intensive on the server like FeatherBoard, CrazyAuctions, TokenEnchant, PrisonMines, Crazy crates and TokenEnchant addons.
Enterprise servers are very stable and optimized for running high intensive servers like 1.13, Faction servers, and Mod packs. These servers are meant to take intensive actions upon the CPU so it doesn't suddenly spike to over 40-100%. .
1. For enterprise it goes by 20 plugins per GB, for intensive plugins add an extra GB like you did for budget for extra precaution.
2. You can have unlimited amounts of worlds, the CPU is intensive enough to handle it. For players it goes by 20 players per GB.
3. Do you have mods? Is there more than 5? If so, you must be on Enterprise. For Mods you should do 15 mods per 1 GB of RAM and 15 players per 1 GB of RAM.
Here is an example on what should be on Enterprise
There is a customer with a budget server who has a 1.13 server. He was on 6GB with 43 plugins and 10 players on. He realized that his server was using 100% cpu randomly and spiking. Then he experienced big lag issues. What can he do? Our suggestion is for him to switch to a Enterprise 3 GB plan. As stated above 20 plugins and 20 players per GB.
We are here 24/7 to help you with anything you need, what are you waiting for? Create a ticket!Contact Us
Start off your summer with Minecraft 1.16 - The Nether Update and our amazing deals.
Use code 50OFFSUMMER2020 for 50% off for 1 month.
Use code SUMMER2020 for 25% off for 4 months.